Slumpy - Right-On Film Reviews

Thursday 26 April 2012

Avengers Assemble (2012)


In 7 words or less: Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, BOOM!

What's it all About? This movie has been on the horizon for a long time and has now finally arrived. There have been hints and nods in other movies and now we finally get to see what it's all about. S.H.I.E.L.D wants to assemble it's own special army of super heros to fight for and on behalf of mankind as it understands after events during Thor that the earth is unprepared for any future attacks that come from other worlds.  Loki (Thors' brother ?) wants to open a portal in space and thus bring an army to earth to crush mankind and allow Loki the opportunity to rule. He has a serious god complex !! Will The Avengers Assemble in time to prevent the destruction of mankind ?



Best bits? Watch out for the funniest punch EVER ! The best Hulk (since Lou Ferrigno) plus a great 'beat down' that is laugh out loud funny.


Did it make you think thoughts? Absolutely, it made me think how on earth they managed it. I was worried as I sat in my 3 D glasses eagerly awaiting the opening scenes. Was this going to be too patriotic (Captain America) was it going to be shonky CGI (last 2 Hulks) maybe a step too far or a path too often travelled (Iron Man 2) or was it going to be a surprise (Thor). I am pleased to announce that it was none of these, it met and exceeded my expectations and left me wanting more. Chemistry between characters, great set pieces, a cracking script (with Tony Stark on form) and a really good pace to the movie. I urge you to go see it.....NOW....wait are you still reading.......GO !!!!!

Would you watch it again? I'm taking my son this afternoon and I've pre-ordered the DVD - i'm an Avengers fan BIG TIME!

Rating (out of 100%): If I was going to be clever I'd say watch it and then laugh at my 12% insider joke ;-), however that might be too confusing, so, plain and simple, I give it an amazing 90%

Follow Us On Twitter
Follow Us On Facebook
Subscribe to our Feed
Tumblr
Google+